Monday, February 2, 2009

How it all started...

After returning from a business trip last November, I decided that I had to get back into shape. I was not happy with how I looked or how I felt. I was about 35 lbs heavier than I'd like to be. So, after a 15 year break from seasonal running, I am returning to sport to incorporate it back into my life.

Starting January 2, 2009 I started from ground zero. I started with a walking program and have gradually added running. On January 26, I started the Couch to 5k program. I am using a podcast called "Podcasts for Running" made by Robert Ullery. They can be found on iTunes.

I am currently on week 2 of the program and happy with the progress I have made. To be honest, I have edited Roberts mp3 file to double the length of the workout. I really like going 3 miles per workout and will be increasing my distance during or after week three.

I will publish my podcasts to this blog and update it with my progress and learnings.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Me? Just a regular joe planning on a long productive, healthy life. Started walking/running Jan 2, 2009 with the hope to get healthier and dropping a few pounds. I am not your extreme workout guy. I struggle with staying consistent with my workouts...I am not the example you want to follow. Maybe you can relate. email: neumenshow@gmail.com

Nike+

Google Voice


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster